This is the sixth most common mistake that PI attorneys make when referring PI patients to Doctors.
Referring PI patients to doctors who do not know, document or understand that duties of duress is the fourth highest PI financial driver based on Colossus or Colossus type software the auto industry uses to determine financial compensation.
4 Categories of Duties Under Duress:
1. Work-patient could not miss work because of the financial consequences.
2. Domestic-inside activities/duties of the house(laundry, dishes, etc.)
3. Household activities-inability to perform duties performed outside of the house (lawn care, landscaping, etc.)
4. Studies-The patient experiences pain and difficulty in school, sitting, studying, etc.
Three things that must be present to make a claim under duress:
1. The injured party: Have actually done that activity
2. The doctor has to note the activity
3. The lawyer must make a specific claim for duties under duress
What this means to you:
1. Because Duties Under Duress is the fourth most important financial driver in Colossus and Colossus type auto industry software, a doctor not documenting the Duties Under Duress will hurt your PI financial compensation.
How you benefit from referring PI patients to SF Chiropractic and Rehab Center.
We not only know the principles of Colossus and the Colossus type software the auto industry uses, our entire PI case management is based on discovery and documenting the five primary drivers to help you maximize your PI financial compensation including Duties Under Duress.
Give us a call and we'll share with you how our office utilizes the standard of the auto industry Colossus software for PI compensation. Call at (813) 350-9100 before you get to busy.